We often only think about sun protection for our precious skin in summer. But our skin is exposed to UV rays all year round, and even in cloudy weather. We all know the importance of sunscreen before exposure, but did you know there’s even more you can do to combat premature aging and wrinkles? Our skin serums and body scrubs will help you both repair the appearance of your skin and give your skin that smooth texture we all strive for. Plus, with natural, organic ingredients, our serums and scrubs will nourish and moisturize your skin, keeping it healthy and bright...helping you feel awesome!
Anti-aging skin serums
Our three anti-aging serums each provide their own benefits and work very well together. Asutra serums have anti-aging qualities that reduce the appearance of wrinkles and sun spots while hydrating and brightening your skin. Using these serums once a day is a great way to improve the look and feel of your skin during these summer months as well as all year long. Plus, you can feel great using them knowing they’re never tested on animals and are 100% vegan. We recently repackaged the serums based on feedback from our customers – we have a clean new look but the same great product!
- Hyaluronic Acid Serum: Hyaluronic acid is a humectant, which means it absorbs water from its surroundings and onto your skin. Our Hyaluronic Acid Serum hydrates and plumps your skin, reducing the look of fine lines and leaving your skin fresh and radiant. Hyaluronic acid holds 1,000 times its weight in water!
- 2.5% Retinol Serum: Retinol helps to boost collagen production, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and aids in evening out tone and texture, creating a healthy, youthful glow. This serum also contains wheat germ, which limits skin cell damage, helping rid dead cells and creating a healthy, glowing complexion. Vitamin E, another key ingredient, helps regenerate new skin cells while soothing sunburns, scars, acne, and diminishing wrinkles.
- 20% Vitamin C Serum: Vitamin C fades sun spots and discoloration, boosts collagen, brightens and refines skin skin texture, reduces wrinkle formation, and aids in minimizing existing wrinkles. It's great to use in the morning to help protect your skin from the sun’s aging effects. In fact, studies show that vitamins C and E combined with ferulic acid - all ingredients in this serum - impart both a sunscreen and an antioxidant effect.
Learn more about the benefits of anti-aging skin serums and how to use them for maximum effect.
Everyday Tips from an Everyday User
Kate, a director at Asutra, is a big fan of our serums. She has been using them daily since she started (a great perk of the job)! As a busy, working mom, Kate’s morning routine is hectic to say the least but good skincare is a must! Below is her go-to morning routine to fit in the serums with her limited time.
Pro tips: Get the most out your skin serums
Where to apply
You can apply our serums all over your face and if needed, your décolleté area (neck and upper cleavage). Your décolleté skin is thinner and more prone to sun damage, aging, wrinkles, and irritation. Serums can be effective here, but keep in mind that this skin is more sensitive due to less elasticity. Remember to gently, but firmly massage in the serums using clean fingertips and avoid stretching or pulling at the skin.
When to apply
Each morning, we cleanse then use a few drops each of Vitamin C serum and Hyaluronic Acid serum to protect our skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays and to get intense hydration. Finish off with a moisturizing sunscreen with plant-based oils (in the warm and often humid summer, no need to add another moisturizing step - go straight to the sunscreen!). This is VERY important to protect your precious skin from the sun’s rays!
At night, we use a few drops of Retinol (Vitamin A) serum followed by a face oil so that our skin cells can regenerate and hydrate deeply while we sleep. We wake up the next morning with our skin feeling like a baby’s!
A few important notes:
- Studies have shown that retinol can degrade when exposed to sunlight and cause more skin irritation when exposed to the sun. If your skin is not used to retinol, or if you applied too much, your skin can become red, dry, and irritated. Start using it just 2-3 times a week. If your skin reacts well, then increase gradually until you can tolerate it nightly.
- We suggest not using these serums within a few hours of salicylic acid or glycolic acid to avoid burning, redness, or stinging. Everyone’s skin differs, so this may or may not affect you.
How much to apply
Apply once per day. Our serums are super concentrated and a little goes a long way. If the serum isn’t sinking in, you may be using too much. Your skin can only absorb so much, and the leftover residue will remain on the skin’s surface, which can block pores and lead to breakouts or other issues.
And if you feel tingling, don't worry – the active ingredients are working. As your skin becomes more used to the serum, the tingling may subside over time. And don’t worry if you don’t feel anything as everyone’s skin sensitivity is different.
Exfoliating and moisturizing body scrubs
Asutra body scrubs are the perfect product to gently exfoliate and moisturize your body. Our scrubs leave your skin supple and soft to the touch. All of our scrubs have fine grain Dead Sea or Himalayan Sea salt to slough away dead skin cells, and are also enhanced with moisturizing and nurturing ingredients like aloe vera; argan, jojoba, and sweet almond oils; and essential oils that offer aromatherapy benefits.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera has been proven to help heal sunburns. It also moisturizes the skin while treating acne and fighting aging.
- Argan Oil: Argan oil is a great moisturizer and skin toner while also having acne fighting properties and can reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
- Jojoba Oil: Jojoba oil is known to be a good lightweight moisturizer that also helps balance natural oil production and reduces skin inflammation.
- Sweet Almond Oil: Sweet almond oil can protect the skin against UV radiation and reduce the signs of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles.
Pro Tip: Get the most out your scrub ritual
Before using the body scrub, use a dry skin body brush. Dry body brushing has shown great results such as reducing the appearance of cellulite, improving blood circulation, and eliminating clogged pores - leading to smoother, glowing skin.
Learn more about the ingredients we use and how they help your body, mind, and soul.